Good evening everyone!
We get thousands of questions concerning the iPhone 4 glass repair and I would like to take a moment and answer these inquiries!
I would like to clarify a few things regarding the iPhone 4 cracked glass issue…
1. If you have an iPhone 3G/3GS the glass and digitizer WON’T work in your iPhone 4. The parts do look similar but they are completely different and cannot be interchanged.
2. To repair an iPhone 4 screen is more expensive than the repair for the 3G/3GS iPhone. This is due to the fact that the 3G version’s LCD screen is separate, while the iPhone 4 version is an assembly of the glass, LCD screen and digitizer.
3. The glass on an iPhone 4 cannot just be replaced. In order to fix cracked glass on this phone we have to replace the glass, digitizer and LCD as mentioned previously. Since these parts are bonded together there is not a way to separate them and be able to use them again.
4. I know there are certain posts out there stating that you can do your own “cheap” repair with “plexiglass” but this is just not true. It is not possible to get the LCD and touch digitizer off of the broken glass front and then get these parts to work with a plexiglass front.
5. Got Repair does offer “Do it yourself” glass assemblies for the iPhone 4 on our website. Although the 3G version is easier, it is still for those more “technically inclined.”
I hope this clarifies some of the most commonly asked questions! There is a lot of information out there to search through but be sure that our advice is accurate and here to help you! Here at Got Repair we do THOUSANDS of these kinds of repairs and so we are a good voice of experience to listen to. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to call us at 866-638-8402 and a technician will be there to assist you as soon as possible!